2008-12-24

Bpla Pad Phuk Gaad Dong(Stir Fry Fish and Pickled Mustard)

Bpla Pad Phuk Gaad Dong(Stir Fry Fish and Pickled Mustard)

Prepare:
500g. sliced fish meat from any kind of fish, fatty fish (thick and big pieces)
300g. cut pickled mustard
2 tbsp. crushed black pepper
3 tbsp. sliced sweet pepper (red color)
1 handful scallion (cut 1 inch)
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tbsp. fish sauce
1 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. oyster sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. minced garlic

Cooking Instructions:
1. Heat the pan and add 1 cup of vegetable oil in it. Wait until it’s hot.
2. While you are waiting for the oil to get hot, mix salt and fish in a big bowl.
3. Now fry the fish in hot vegetable oil for 5-8 minutes. Don’t stir because the fish will break into small pieces. Just flip it over when the other side is done.
4. Remove from the pan when the fish get yellow or brown. Leave the oil drain.
5. Next, in a different pan, add 1 tbsp. vegetable oil. When it’s hot, add minced garlic.
6. Fry the garlic until it has aromatic smell.
7. After that, add pickled mustard, 2 tablespoon full of black pepper, sweet pepper, scallion, fish sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce. Mix well and add some small amount of water, then add fried fish lastly.
8. Serve with jasmine rice, cucumber and green leave vegetable on a side.

I love this food!! I used to offer my husband to try it but he didn’t like to taste anything new.. haha so I enjoyed this food by myself. It’s good when my husband likes different food, or we will fight until the food is gone into someone’s stomach. This recipe is quite new as I have never seen it anywhere else in Thailand except in the southern provinces.

When I first saw it at Aunt Aun Kitchen, my favorite restaurant, I thought maybe this food would be salty but actually it was not. The pickled mustard is sour and hot taste from black pepper is awesome. Fat from fish is also what I want!! Haha
There are many new creative recipes from Aunt Aun Kitchen that I have never seen before. Promise that I will take a peak (taste it too haha) and will share the recipe here.


Mostly southern people cook pickled mustard with egg and serve it with boiled rice. I never have that with boiled rice back at home in Sisaket. So I think this must be southern style.

Try Thai Food, all Thai Food Recipes you can cook at home.

Tag : joysthaifood.com