2008-12-29

Gang Pa Gai Baan (Spicy Chicken Soup with Herbs)

Gang Pa Gai Baan (Spicy Chicken Soup with Herbs)

Prepare:
500 g. Chicken meat stick with its bone (They call it domestic flows)

1/2 cup cut pumpkin
1/2 cup sliced galingale (long shape)
1/4 cup basil or sweet basil
2 groups young pepper corn
1 tbsp. sliced sweet pepper
1/4 cup Solanum torvum or Turkeyberry (Look on google if you don’t know it)
5 pieces kaffir lime leaves
1/2 cup cut wing bean
1/2 cup cut eggplant
3 tbsp. fish sauce
1 tsp. sugar

Paste:
15 whole guinea-peppers (or any kind you can find)

1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. sliced lemongrass
1 tsp. minced galangal
1 tbsp. roughly cut galingale
3 tbsp. cut red onion
1 tsp. basil flower
1 tsp. shrimp pasteGround all of paste in gradients together

Cooking Instructions:
1. Add 3 cups of water or stock in the pot and turn on the fire. Use medium heat to boil it. Add paste and then wait until it is boiling.
2. Add chicken. I looked up on my dictionary it’s call this type of chicken domestic flows. The chicken meat is quite rough and more difficult to chew.
If you can’t find this type please don’t worry. Just add whatever you have, beef or pork will be fine.
3. Cook the meat for 10 minutes.
4. Add pumpkin and cook for 10 more minutes.
5. Now, add wing bean, eggplant, fish sauce, sugar, pepper corn, galingale, sweet pepper, and basil.
6. Keep adding fish sauce until it tastes perfect. I can’t tell you the right amount because you may like it more or less salty.
7. Serve with hot jasmine rice or rice noodle.

I sneaked into Aunt Aun Kitchen and restaurant near my workplace again for lunch. This time I have no shame at all asking them what is that, what is this
What is that, what is this until I know what I want to know !!
See how I risked my life?


And I got this recipe! Haha . I would love to show you the picture but I don’t have camera with me anymore. Sorry.. photo from my phone is horrible and I don’t want to show it.

Anyway, this is my first time eating this food and I like it. It’s so spicy!
You can smell galingale from the soup. Hmm I still have half of the soup waiting for me to come back and finish it.

Tag : joysthaifood.com